Blogging is one of the most critical social media activities for B2B companies. Many businesses thrive by creating great content that sets them apart from the crowd. If you can continually demonstrate you’re an industry leader, that you have something special or unique to contribute, and your conversations are interesting and informative, you’ll find people returning again and again to hear what you have to say.
The biggest challenge with blogs is that they require regular work and maintenance. People who read blogs have no patience for static sites and will strike your blog off their list pretty quickly if they’re not feeling engaged by new and interesting content. So, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you a decent writer and do you have the interest and capacity to regularly write unique and revolutionary content?
- Do you have a website that will support the blog, technically?
- Do you have time to read and respond to the interactions generated by your blog?
- Do you have the time, interest and energy to keep it up to date on a regular schedule?
- Does your website have a clear SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy and/or the need for SEO?
- Do you have a clear picture of who your blog audience is, and how to speak to them in a way that will engage and interest them?
- Will your blog be something you look forward to doing, or just another chore on your “to do” list?
If the seven points above frighten you more than appeal to you, you might want to get some outside help. If it’s just content production that is the challenge, give Your Better Business Content a call and we’ll see what we can do to help.
Like to read more on whether a small business needs a blog? Click here.