Content Marketing – What the heck is it?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
Remember content must be valuable, relevant, and consistent
So basically, if we cut the jargon – it’s stuff we put online – you know, blogs, eNewsletters, eMagazines, videos, whatever, to attract people to come visit our website to help them to see that we know what the heck we’re doing. The end result is they hopefully become leads, prospects or customers.
A new study by the Content Marketing Institute shows, 60 percent of B2B respondents say producing engaging content is their top challenge, with 72 percent saying it is their top priority for 2017.
Okay, sounds cool, but what’s it going to do for your business?
- Gets more eyes on your brand
- More people will visit your website, blog and social media sites
- Educates consumers and shows them you know what the heck you’re talking about
- Helps your SEO – content is good, great content is better
- Builds social media engagement
- Builds your reputation
People hate ads – but they love useful, valuable and relevant information!