I came across a workshop manual I wrote some 15-years ago on selling – what I called at that time Hi-Touch Selling and thought I’d share the following list as it succinctly sums up what selling is all about.
- Hi-Touch selling is the art of motivating people to want to do business with you – not just once but continually!
- Hi-Touch Selling puts people first and product second
- It looks to the future not only the present
- It’s an investment in futures
- Hi-Touch Selling = Hi-Integrity, Hi-Trust, Hi-Understanding, Hi-Commitment, Hi-Knowledge, Hi-Rapport, Hi-Respect, Hi-Acceptance, Hi-Energy, Hi-Level and Hi-Sales
- Hi-Touch salespeople are a resource to their customers
- Hi-Touch means no High-Tech Tricks
- Hi-Touch people sell themselves first, their company second and their product third
- Hi-Touch sales people are introverts, extroverts, people like you – people like me
- Hi-Touch sales professionals are in touch with themselves, and every thing they do
- Hi-Touch sales people sell to people who want to buy
- Hi-Touch Sales people are very successful – for life
- Hi-Touch selling is about solving people problems.
- Think about replacing “Nothing happens until you make a sale” with “Nothing happens until someone wants to buy something”
- If you are going to be successful out there in the market place, your market place, you need to embrace change. You also need to be different than the rest of the people trying to get the same dollar – you need to be proactive.
The bottom line is that Hi-Touch selling is not about one area of sales, or any given technique, but a total philosophy of how we do our job, relate to our industry and customers.
A Hi-Touch philosophy means taking into consideration every facet of the sales mix not just the ones that will make you a quick dollar.